Hoofprints of the Stag

Hoofprints of the Stag

Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 33: Saints Alive: Visiting Lucca and Siena

This will unfortunately have to be a somewhat short post since I have to be moving soon. Ed and I have just finished our time in Siena, where the shrine of St. Catherine of Siena is located. A few days before this, we were in Lucca, where the shrine of St. Gemma Galgani is, as you already know. 

Being able to visit the shrines of these saints has been an extraordinary grace for me. To be able to see the places important tithe lives of these saints who I so admire really lifts my heart up to God and makes me want to rededicate my life to God. Whenever I hear a great violinist play, it makes me want to go home and start practicing my violin again. And likewise, when I contemplate the lives of the saints, it makes me want to grow closer to God. 

The cities here are beautiful, but more beautiful are those whose lives reflect the light of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment