Hoofprints of the Stag

Hoofprints of the Stag

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 18: Shared Favorites

Sometimes in life, one of your friends might show you a cool book or a movie. Soon enough, that book or movie might become your favorite, and you and your friend may enjoy talking about it as a shared favorite of sorts. 

Today, Ed and I are watching our shared favorite tennis player, Roger Federer, play in the Wimbledon final against Novak Djokovic. Ed told me about Federer many years ago, and he has become my favorite tennis player. Together, Ed and I watched him take his first French Open title. And now, we have the joy of watching him play in the Wimbledon 2014 final while we are in Switzerland, which is Federer's home country. I suppose that it's not the same as watching a Federer match live, but it sure is something. 

We haven't gone very far since my last post, but we had the joy of going to Mass at Sts. Peter and Paul Church in Quinto this morning and receiving a blessing from the priest there. Then we hiked to Faido, where we are now watching the Federer match. We should be out of Switzerland in two days. I don't know much Italian, but it's slightly better than my German. 


No comments:

Post a Comment