Hoofprints of the Stag

Hoofprints of the Stag

Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 23: Italian Joy

This post will be short because my battery is low. But Italy is great. Today, at least 6 different people stopped us and talked to us. One of them even told me how good my Italian was, even though I know very very little. 



My only thought for now is how happy I am that many people do not peg us as Americans at first. In fact, I think we've been asked more often if we are German than English or American. Hooray! Someone did point out that Ed and I are both blonde haired and blue eyed, so maybe that has something to do with it. Nevertheless, it means we do not meet the typical American stereotype, whatever that is. The Italian folks we have met have been very genial people. It is a very interesting change from Switzerland. But I can say that the Italian part of Switzerland is quite like Italy itself, except for the prices. Everything in Italy is soooo much cheaper. We are eating much better for less money. 

Italy is a great place. I am very happy to be here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment