Hoofprints of the Stag

Hoofprints of the Stag

Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 2

So it looks like it's going to be a bit harder to blog about this trip than I thought. It is quite difficult to find places with free wifi, and when we do, there is very little time to write something of substance because the keyboard on this iPod is very small. 

But at any rate, Ed and I are finishing up our second day on our Path to Rome. I am very sore. One thing we have discovered is that Ed is clearly faster than me, so he gets ahead of me quite often. Another thing we have discovered is that my French skills are not that great, though they have been quickly improving. Interestingly enough, we have found that for some reason, Ed tends to understand what people are saying even when I can't. This has led to our invention of three way translation, in which the French person speaks, Ed translates it for me, and I speak in French to the guy. Ed listens and I speak. Or Ed entend, et je parle. 

We began at Toul yesterday and made it all the way to Flavigny even though we had started pretty late. And today we made it to Charmes. Tomorrow we will stay in Epinal and go to Mass there in Sunday. Sorry for no pictures. The blogger app is kind of annoying that way. You can see some pictures on my Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment